Jill Hayes is a runner who transformed her life. She used to sit on the side lines, overweight and not taking charge of her life.
When a biking accident severely injured her son, she had an ‘ah ha moment’ and knew it was time to change. She shed the extra weight and started running, with a goal of completing the Big Sur Half within one year.
Now Jill’s training for her first full marathon and while it’s challenging, she’s also finding it incredibly rewarding.
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
I was just fully present in the race, in the moment, in awe that I was doing this.”
- Why Jill started running just before her 50th birthday
- How a family emergency inspired her to change her life
- How her perspective changed about her husband’s training
- Why Jill made the decision to take a running workshop
- How to improve your form
- What happened the morning of her first half marathon
- The influence of having an active family
- What support means to a runner
- How Jill’s first race changed her life
I am capable of doing what’s important to me.”
- How Jill knew she was ready to train for a full marathon
- What is the Inner Circle?
- Struggling with cramps on the road
- A funny story…. Listen in for a laugh!
- The power of pushing through when training
- How everyone struggles in marathon training
- What “embrace the journey” really means
- The benefits of having a running coach
- Why you should fight to become the person you want to become
Being afraid is ok, letting it stop me isn’t.”
- Check out the Big Sur Half Marathon
- Sign up for Chi Running Workshop
- Join Jill on the course! Check out the Medtronic Marathon
- Learn more about the Inner Circle
- Connect with Jill on Facebook
The biggest thing I’m figuring out is what ‘embrace the journey’ means.”