Today I’m excited to introduce you to someone I hold in very high esteem. Stephanie Morish is a certified holistic nutrition consultant , natural chef, and CEO of stephaniemorish.com. She has helped me with my personal journey to become a stronger, fitter, faster athlete.
I first reached out to Stephanie online after fracturing my hip and really feeling like my body was falling apart. She changed my perspective on food and really got me back on track.
I love following her blog, which is just hysterical. This lady is so full of super valuable knowledge, and I know you’ll find something in this interview that applies to you.
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
I firmly believe that the gut is the center of our health.” – Stephanie Morish
- Why she writes her blog as though she was talking to friends
- How she got into athletic nutrition
- What is candida?
- The connection between food and emotions
- Why she tries to make her work collaborative with her clients
- What are common misconceptions about sports nutrition
- What are foods that endurance athletes should stop eating
- What good foods you can use to replace bad foods
- Why endurance athletes need to make sure they give themselves enough recovery time
It’s really interesting how food and lifestyle and emotional state are all so interconnected.” – Stephanie Morish
- The benefits of beet juice
- The differences between seeds and nuts
- Why you have to eat breakfast
- Why you should use glass tupperware if food is hot or if you’re going to reheat it
- Why her clients should be ready to work from the get go
- What kinds of transformations she sees
- The dangers of sugar
- Why you can’t skip meals
The true foundation of sports nutrition is, or should be, real food.” – Stephanie Morish
Mango Turmeric Smoothie
1 mango, fresh or frozen
1/2 inch fresh turmeric root
1/2 inch fresh ginger root
1/4 cup walnuts
2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups water or coconut water
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Be sure to check out Stephanie’s blog!
- Read her blog post all about Candida
- Check out Denver Sports Recovery and Botanica Wellness Sanctuary, where Stephanie works
- Connect with Stephanie:
So many of my clients tell me that the more they rest and the more they build in recovery, the better they perform.” – Stephanie Morish